Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need insurance to hire an inflatable for my garden, local hall, common green, or sports hall?

Well, if it is if your garden and it is your property, then it is entirely up to you if you want to get extra insurance for your kids for the duration of the hire. Most people do not bother. However, it is a good idea to make sure that the person that you are hiring from has public liability insurance for the inflatable that you are hiring. If the hire is for your local hall or a common green, then we strongly advise that you get extra cover for yourself for that day. It is worthwhile remembering that while the person or company you are hiring from has insurance, if there is an accident it is most likely that that person or company will NOT be negligent and therefore you also might need to be covered i.e. with extra insurance.

What if you get bad weather on the day of your booking?

Company policies vary: a good practice is to allow customers to cancel on the morning of delivery on a terrible weather day. Check this policy when making your booking.

What do I need to do prior to rental?

Make sure that there will be easy access to the set-up site for the delivery. Clean up any sticks, rocks, animal waste and any other debris around the site. Make certain there is access to a plug socket within 75-100 feet of the site. The set-up site should be reasonably flat and clear of obstacles and power lines.

How do you know if it is too windy to hire an inflatable?

Inflatables should not be used when the wind or gusts are in excess of the maximum safe wind speed specified by the manufacturer. The industry recommends a maximum wind speed of Force 5 on the Beaufort scale of 30-38 kph (19-24 mph). Force 5 is a fresh breeze when small trees in leaf begin to sway, whereas Force 6 is a strong breeze when large branches are in motion, whistling can be heard in telephone lines and umbrellas can only be handled with difficulty. Weather forecasts can be obtained from the Meteorological Office.